19 March, 2019 •
To ensure your recovery goes as smoothly as possible you might want to get a few things in order before your surgery. The big things like, cleaning the house, changing your sheets, washing your hair, sending your partner/kids away on a trip so you can relax in peace might seem obvious. But below are some of the little things that you might not have thought about.
- Get your waxing or shaving sorted.
- Extra-long phone charging cord/ extension cord.
- Baby wipes/ facial wipes – you won’t be able to shower for the first 5 days.
- Dry shampoo, or even treat yourself to a salon wash and blow dry at around day 3.
- Zip or button up tops – you will have limited arm movement.
- Straws or a water bottle – you might find it difficult to move your arms and you’ll need to keep your liquids up to combat the post-surgery bloat.
- A neck pillow (airplane travel type of pillow).
- A boomerang pillow – you’ll need to sleep upright for at least 1 week!
- If you’re not already signed up with a streaming service then here is a WEBSITE that has every free trial available – you’re welcome!
- Healthy snacks (fruit, nuts) – you might not feel like big meals directly after your surgery.
- If you’re big on meal prepping, then organise some meals because you won’t feel like cooking for the first few days. Or you know, Ubereats – can you use our clinic code? Eats-ian19677ue
Remember to rest and relax as much as possible. Enjoy your downtime! Many of us don’t do this enough so use this as your excuse, and don’t feel guilty.
- Nurse Justine